Friday, 7 October 2016

day 7

I wrote a poem at my writers group today.
Yellowing was one of the prompts.
I did not write anything on 'tasty'

The book lies on the dusty desk,pages yellowing,
yellowing through time,
time that captured the author's thoughts, once bright,
bright in the mind, inspired onto the page and now,
now held on the coarse paper , brown spidery ink
ink that held the moment, the inspiration,
inspiration on that page, can you hear the scratching
scratching of the author's pen did she know
know that the words from her heart-mind would travel
travel through time, be held in this dust.
Dust motes floated, dust motes settled 
Settled as her words on this page of verse
Verse to capture , verse to encapsulate
Encapsulate emotions to tickle the nostrils to sneeze.
Sneeze echoes across time, explodes the writing awake.
Awake across garlands of minutes, days, years.
Years of pens, years of words, years of the abstract
Abstract musings in the caverns of the heart
Heart recognition across time.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this poem. At the end, I emitted a long, "Ohhhhh!"
    I've forgotten the name of this form, but it is so effective in this poem.

    "did she know
    know that the words from her heart-mind would travel
    travel through time, be held in this dust." I think this is what all of us who write want to think, that our words will live on after us.

    Great job, Zannie. Thank you. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this form and have written several poems this way. Great job, I felt every word.

    ReplyDelete