Thursday, 7 May 2015

How can time help you?

How can time help you?
Time is a succession of moments, each moment appears out of nothing
and disappears into nothing, never to reappear.
How can you build on something so fleeting?
Look to yourself for the permanent.
Dive deep within and find what is real in you.
Whatever happens, it happens to you.
Find the Subject of all that you are as a person.
Even if I tell you that you are the witness, the silent watcher,
it will mean nothing to you, unless you find the way to your own being.
Give up all your questions, except one. Who am I?
After all the only fact you are sure of is that you are.
The 'I am' is certain.
The 'I am this' is not.
Struggle to find out what you are in reality.

~ Nisargadatta Mahara

3 comments:

  1. I don't get being a silent watcher? I'm not silent, and watching implies I'm on the sidelines watching others?

    Making my rounds to let everyone know there's a contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have popped in several times, but decided I'd leave another comment today so you knew I was here. Hope things are ok with you. Are you not blogging anymore?

    ReplyDelete