Thursday, 9 April 2015

a-z challenge I -Intent + Infinite Silence


I – Intention

The power of intention is in a single-mindedness of purpose 

( Act of Will by Roberto Assagioli goes into different aspects of the Will in great detail)

 Put all your energy into making decisions and then once a decision is made, stand behind it. (Don't agree with that..doesn't leave any wiggle room does it. Interesting to find out how much I disagree with Deepak in my study this time round)


Intention is a well-defined purpose that is unchangeable. (again, this sentence feels rigid- life is so much more fluid than that)

 Successful people make their decisions quickly and change their minds slowly. (Wonder if he might give us an example of this)

 Unsuccessful people make their decisions slowly and change their minds quickly.

 The universe will handle the details, organizes and orchestrates opportunities – you simply make the decision and be alert to these opportunities. (yes, this sentence resonates, yet I prefer the word 'choose')

I would also like to add another 'I'  I am


 

"At the root of everything is the feeling "I am."
 The state of mind: "there is a world" is secondary, for to be I do not need the world, the world needs me.”
- Nisargadatta Maharaj


I have included this to balance any seeming emphasis on material wealth or success that may be inferred in Creating Affluence

 Infinite silence is a quality of the Unified Field.
 
Infinite silence is the mind of God. (even the word 'silence' is soothing)
 It is a mind that can create anything out of the field of pure potentiality.(how delicious)
 Infinite silence contains infinite dynamism. (the quiet before the storm?)
Practice silence and you will acquire silent knowledge.(ah...yes!)
 In this silent knowledge is a computing system that is far more precise and far more accurate and far more powerful than anything that is contained in the boundaries of rational thought.
“Creating Affluence” by Deepak Chopra

This is the aspect of this book that interests me more than material affluence, though I enjoy that while I live on this planet.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Best of luck with the remaining letters of the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete