Friday, 3 April 2015

a-z challenge -D: Demand and supply, dharma.

 I continue with the A-Z exploration of 'Creating Affluence' by Deepak Chopra



This is from the book:~


D – Demand and Supply, Dharma

We live in a world where cultivating a servant’s spirit is an attribute that attracts like no other. 

As you humbly serve others, they willingly share their wisdom with you so you can add this knowledge and experience to your own and dramatically increase your success.

 Ask yourself “How may I serve”, 

“How may I help”? 

 The answers are within you.

 Do not be distressed when there is no one available to help you – be excited when you can help.

(I no longer resonate with 'serve', although I do like the idea of being a genuine contribution)

“D” also stands for Dharma
Each of us has a Dharma, a purpose in life. 
 When we are in Dharma, we love our work. 
 Find your Dharma and then serve to your best ability

(I suppose a word like this looks more exotic than 'purpose' although I do remember many years ago during a time of relentless unhappiness, hearing someone refer to our soul's purpose and those 2 words instantly lifted my  spirits out of the doldrums)

8 comments:

  1. Good going Zannie.. all the best for the challenge and may you spread more such positive notes.. the world really needs more of such positivism :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dharma, I think I have found mine; or it's been found for me, and I was guided to it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Zannie, Like your post as well as the thoughts you put down. I've been living on purpose and resonate with spiritual truth most of the time. So I do understand what you mean when you use the two words together soul's purpose. Like a beautiful flow that runs through us, not to capture and keep. right? :) See you tomorrow. thought you would like this link.
    http://sytiva.blogspot.com/2015/04/awakening-moment-of-ordeena-mae.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog (A Bench with a View). Your bench you described sounds like it would indeed have a nice view! I think serving others and helping others are the best things we can do to try to spread love throughout the world, and we all know the world needs more love than hate and evil these days. Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you about the word "serve" -- I don't connect to it either - feels put upon - playing with the idea of 'offer'.... Jeri (from storytellingmatters) -- happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It definitely helps to be in the place you want to be. Thank you for sharing these words.

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete