Thursday, 2 April 2015

a-z challenge -C: Carefreeness and charity.

C: Carefreeness and charity.

Not so hot on the word 'charity.'

I would prefer words like kindness, consideration and maybe sharing resources, energetic or material.
Charity is such a dusty, worthy, fuddy duddy word from the 19th C .

Carefreeness - now that I like..free of the Puritan work ethic.




 This is what Deepak has to say

C – Carefreeness and Charity

A million dollars in the bank without carefreeness and charity is a state of poverty.( I would like the experience of £1m in my account though)

The more you make, the more is required. (feels like an obligation- where is the carefreeness in that statement?)

 If you make a lot of money, you must give a lot of it away. (Sounds to authoritarian )

 Money is energy and must continually flow in your life.(again, the languaging feels patriarchal)

 Therefore, if you are receiving bunches of money and hoarding it in a bank account, you are constricting the flow. (Hoarding sounds like a value judgement)

Release your money with joy because what ever you give away comes back to you magnified a thousand-fold. (WHAT would it take to experience that today?)

Wealth consciousness is a state of mind.

 If you are constantly concerned about how much money you have, irrespective of the dollar amount in your bank account, you are inherently poor.

 Be carefree with your money and spend it wisely, judiciously and constructively. (carefree and  spend it wisely are not a match in the same sentence are they)

This will ensure a constant influx of money into your life.

 I am sure open to a constant influx of money - how about you?

Today I will hold 'carefreeness as my word of the day and notice what I notice


17 comments:

  1. If you make a lot of money, you must give a lot of it away. (Sounds to authoritarian )

    Money is energy and must continually flow in your life.(again, the languaging feels patriarchal)

    I think these two statements go hand in hand very well. Historically people of wealth felt they had an obligation to their communities, to share their wealth by helping with charities. Personally I think that's been lost and greed now takes it's place, the more I have, the more I can and will step on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very valid viewpoint sandy- thanks for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree wealth is a state of mind. We make enough with a little left over to vacation and feel we are very happy and well off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think carefree is a great word and you can be free of care if you have enough money for yourself and to help others and still be wise. Charity is an old word, the problem is it has come to have negative connotations because of people looking down on other people, which is sad.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings | Wittegen Press | FB3X (AC)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting takes on these words. I like the idea of being empathetic and helpful more than "charity" and being carefree can mean a lot of things. This statement I find very true, " If you are constantly concerned about how much money you have, irrespective of the dollar amount in your bank account, you are inherently poor."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good advice. It feel great to give and I've found that I'm not as blessed and satisfied as when I'm giving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting! It seems to me difficult to spend wisely and judiciously, yet be carefree about money at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Zannie - Carefree and enjoying our lives without wasting it - yet keeping some aside to help others .. As JL says I prefer to give than to receive ..

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your exploration of words and their meaningful place in our world. Will be back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Charity for the name of a person. I agree with Natasha on the meaning. It's supposed to be something nice that people do for one another but now it's associated with pity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you don't have to worry about where you're next meal is coming from, or your next drink of water, or having a roof over your head,and can pay your bills, then "having money" is a state of mind. One can live quite frugally on very little and be carefree and happy. But if you are hungry and do not have shelter or clean water to drink... then the person with little will seem very rich.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so used to being careful with money that carefree would be odd! I do agree with the statement about hoarding - what is it sitting there for? There's so many that really need it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. spending without such care would be against my Midwest ethics. I'll go with charity, since that is how I am wired.
    Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  14. spending without such care would be against my Midwest ethics. I'll go with charity, since that is how I am wired.
    Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  15. An interesting exploration of those two words. I too agree that "Be carefree with your money and spend it wisely, judiciously and constructively" seems contradictory and paradoxical! ;) I think there should be a balance based on your income and expenses...that seems more realistic! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I read his idea about the "flow of money," I get nervous. I don't really want my money to flow out. I'm not that trusting it will come back ;) That said, my bank account shows a lot of FLOW!

    I agree about the word charity getting a bad rap as pity. When I think about my anxiety of letting go of money/things, it does play in hand with letting go of items to those who may need them more -- to give with no return.

    GREAT post!

    You can find me here:
    ClarabelleRant

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of carefreeness. I like the idea of giving away money with joy and trusting that whatever I give will be returned. Good ideas. Stopping by from the A to Z Challenge. Enjoy your 26 days of writing bliss.

    ReplyDelete