Sunday, 20 April 2014

A-Z Challenge - R is for Rainbow

I enjoyed singing at the Rock Choir performance at a festival a few days ago. It was my first time and I was so pleased to have practiced a lot at home. We sang 'True Colours' which has quite poignant lyrics..I like the part where we sing 'your'e a rainbow oooooo'. As well as getting involved with a choir this year I have found a new Qigong group which is only a short walk from home. The style is Shibashi which I have not heard of before. I have done Ju Jitsu, Kung Fu and Tai Chi so was delighted to have this opportunity show up so close to home. When I googled Shibashi I came across a video showing the whole sequence - at the moment we are warming up and learning different moves and I have not seen the whole 18 moves yet. Each move in the sequence has a different name, like 'parting the clouds' I discovered that there is also one called 'Dancing with Rainbow', and it was fun to learn the move last Friday.I plan to practice it during the week .

1 comment:

  1. True colors is a beautiful song. So, is this choir on youtube?

    ReplyDelete