Tuesday, 26 June 2012

Charles Rennie Mackintosh




I had an adventure  this weekend which included a visit to 78 Derngate which is dedicated to the work of
Charles Rennie Mackintosh. I was introduced to his work many years ago and quite like his style. In February  I was in the Cotwolds at a singing weekend and at the same venue was a gaggle of
Charles Rennie Mackintosh afficianados who were there to listen to lectures about him for 2 days.
 I thought at the time that there must be a lot to know about him and his work if it filled 2 days and 2 evenings.
Over the weekend I popped in to see a Mystery Tales exhibition, which did not live up to the promise of its title. The work on show made me think that I could do that. The difference between us is that he did it and I have yet to create anything mysterious on paper that would actually be good enough to put on public display.
Whilst in the buidling that housed Mystery Tales I also went to see other things on show and was not really surprised to see Lakshmi as part of a small , busy piece of work that looked as if it had once been part of a wall in a temple.
She is showing up all over the place now I have a focus on her and am exploring her in a concentrated manner.
I did some drawings while I was there too. I think the invitation to draw something to show 'The World is at my Feet ' was aimed at children , but I drew 2 feet and the planet and pinned it to the board.
I may not have been able to walk up Yoko's step ladder, but I could participate in this..and it was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment